Call for Nominations for Association Awards
Does your firm have an emerging leader and/or an experienced firm management professional with achievements that should be recognized? If so, a nomination should be submitted for one of the Association's top honors. Nominations are due May 1, 2020.
CPAFMA's Firm Manager of the Year Award is an annual award presented to one of North America’s most experienced and respected firm management professionals. The FMAward honors a firm manager holding a senior-level management position for a public accounting firm. Criteria for selection focuses on leadership and the individual's strategic impact on the firm's profit and growth. Strong candidates will have made major contributions to their firms by implementing and overseeing programs that:
- contribute to the firm's long-term growth;
- help the firm meet its strategic goals;
- improve firm profitability;
- help create an employee-friendly culture; and
- emphasize the value of firm management, operations and leadership
The 2020 FMAward will be presented at CPAFMA’s National Practice Management Conference, June 23-36, 2020 in Sarasota. Recipients receive a one-year complimentary CPAFMA membership, free attendance at the next year’s CPAFMA National Practice Management Conference, a handsome plaque and promotion for both the individual and the firm.
CPAFMA's Emerging Leader of the Year Award honors an individual who works for a member firm, with up to five years of experience, who demonstrates a dedication to the CPA firm management profession through strong leadership, teamwork, and integrity, while continually developing their knowledge and experience, necessary in this ever-changing profession. The Emerging Leader must also be a strong advocate of CPAFMA's mission to be a recognized leader in CPA firm practice management delivering valuable education and collaboration opportunities for those interested in elevating their practice and strategically growing their firms.
Nominees must meet the following criteria for consideration for the Emerging Leader of the Year Award:
• Currently working for CPAFMA member firm in good standing.
• Meets the definition of an emerging leader: an individual with up to five years of leadership experience in a CPA firm management role.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills and has made a major impact with his/her firm (examples required).
• Demonstrates strong teamwork skills and involvement with the firm’s success (examples required).
• Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity.
• Demonstrates interaction with the firm’s partners.
• Demonstrates a commitment to CPAFMA’s mission (examples required).
The 2020 Emerging Leader of the Year Award will be presented at CPAFMA’s National Practice Management Conference, June 23-36, 2020 in Sarasota. Recipients receive a handsome plaque and promotion for both the individual and the firm in addition to one year of complimentary CPAFMA MAPCasts for the recipient’s firm.
For more information about these awards and to nominate deserving individuals (nominations are due May 1, 2020), visit https://cpafma.org/about/award-programs.