Managing Talent in An Uncertain EconomyDate: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM ET / 10:00 AM CT / 09:00 AM MT / 08:00 AM PT [Prevailing Time]
Presenter(s): Jennifer Wilson and Renee Moelders, ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
Objective: Attend this session to explore various methods for managing your firm in a down economy to protect your firm while locking your high-potential team members in for the long-term.
Field of Study: Personnel / Human Resources
Program Level: Basic
CPE Credit: 1.5 Credit Hour
No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course. The recording will only be available to those registered for the live session.
Given the current economic uncertainty resulting from the COVID-19 Crisis, some firms are concerned about a revenue dip leading to cash flow issues and the need to reduce expenses to maintain the long-term health and well-being of the firm. The current shift in the economy requires a pivot in your talent management strategies to protect the firm’s bottom line; additionally, it is paramount to ensure your efforts over the last few years to cultivate trust, engagement, motivation and retention aren’t undone by your actions or the tone of leadership during this challenging period. Attend this session to explore various methods for managing your firm in a down economy to protect your firm while locking your high-potential team members in for the long-term. Together we’ll discuss strategies to:
• Establish agreed-upon core talent commitment at the senior leadership level to guide your talent-related decisions
• Evaluate a variety of right-sizing options including reducing partner draws, eliminating bonuses, hour and pay reductions, furloughs and layoffs
• Identify the programs to keep investing in versus the programs you’ll need to pause or defer • Create communications around your staffing changes that leave remaining team members confident about the firm’s future
• Retain your 9-box super stars despite the uncertainty and the changes you are undergoing
• Enroll your team in supporting the firm’s financial performance, highlighting specific things they can do to ensure a financial turnaround
Leave this session prepared to manage any upcoming expense reductions in a motivating and engaging manner!
This session recording will only be available for registered attendees for the session. It will not be available for purchase as a podcast after the session.
Jennifer Wilson is co-founder and partner of ConvergenceCoaching, LLC, a national consulting firm that helps leaders achieve success. Named as one of Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People in Accounting, INSIDE Public Accounting’s Top 10 Most Recommended Consultants, and Practicing CPA’s Top 25 Thought Leaders and Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting, Jennifer is an experienced change agent who has worked in both public accounting and industry. She is a frequent speaker, writer and thought leader on topics related to leadership, the rise of the next generation and managing change within the CPA profession.
Renee Moelders is a Partner with ConvergenceCoaching, LLC. She enjoys leading her clients and coachees to new possibilities in their work and life. The many years of experience she brings to her role comes from working with CPA Firms around the country as a Firm Administrator. Renee is a frequent speaker and writer on topics impacting CPA firm leaders and offers practical strategies for improvement and change.
$25.00 for CPAFMA Members / $40.00 for Non-Members / Free for PAFMs
- All programs will be delivered using Zoom. Participants must call the toll-free conference phone number to access the audio portion of the presentation. Participants’ phone lines are automatically muted upon connection to the call.
- All participants should have Internet access and be in a private setting. For more than one participant per participant location, a quiet conference room with a large monitor/screen and speaker phone is suggested.
- There will be assistance available to assist with procedural, downloading or connection issues 5 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.