Employee Engagement: Understanding Drivers & How to Increase Engagement & SatisfactionDate: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM ET / 10:30 AM CT / 09:30 AM MT / 08:30 AM PT [Prevailing Time]
Presenter(s): JOSH GOLDMAN, MA, CAE, Vice President of Learning, Ohio Society of CPAs
Objective: Engagement is different than satisfaction, and in this session we will explore the definitions and impact of various engagement levels, discuss the factors which drive engagement, explore how to evaluate engagement, and simple and more complex opportunities for increasing employee engagement.
Program Level: Basic
CPE Credit: 1 Credit Hour
No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
Gallup uncovered that 66% of employees were not engaged or actively disengaged in their work. Many don’t feel a strong connection with their company or the mission—if there even is one. You don’t need a study to tell you the hard and soft costs disengagement creates for a business. It’s estimated employees who are checked-out cost the U.S. economy up to $605 billion through loss of productivity.
Engagement is different than satisfaction, and in this session we will explore the definitions and impact of various engagement levels, discuss the factors which drive engagement, explore how to evaluate engagement, and simple and more complex opportunities for increasing employee engagement.
You will leave this session with concrete next steps you can take to better understand and then begin to increase employee engagement for a competitive advantage.
• Define the levels of employee engagement
• Review the engagement drivers within the employee employer relationship
• Identify gaps, potential activities, and solutions to increase engagement
JOSH GOLDMAN, MA, CAE is the Vice President of Learning for the Ohio Society of CPAs. He leads the enterprise-wide strategy, direction, and execution of the association’s learning pillar delivered through numerous channels, programs, services, and partnerships. Prior to joining OSCPA, Josh has held senior positions in local, state, regional, national, and international associations and nonprofits with oversight of portfolios including programs, business development, international market expansion, and standards and credentialing. Josh has engaged over 20,000 people in more than 100 lectures, workshops and training programs on four continents. Josh holds a B.S. in psychology from Indiana State University and an M.A. in college student personnel from Bowling Green State University. He earned his Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential and has authored book chapters on how to develop a body of knowledge and enhancing individual professional development planning. Josh was honored with the inaugural Learning Business Leadership Award from Tagoras, Inc. and OSCPA was awarded a 2018 Learnie for most innovative program for the Society’s consulting services called “Vested LearningSM”
$25.00 for CPAFMA Members / $40.00 for Non-Members / Free for PAFMs
- All programs will be delivered using Zoom. Participants must call the toll-free conference phone number to access the audio portion of the presentation. Participants’ phone lines are automatically muted upon connection to the call.
- All participants should have Internet access and be in a private setting. For more than one participant per participant location, a quiet conference room with a large monitor/screen and speaker phone is suggested.
- There will be assistance available to assist with procedural, downloading or connection issues 5 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.