Talent Acquisition and Retention with Whitman Business AdvisorsDate: Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM CT / 10:00 AM MT / 09:00 AM PT [Prevailing Time]
Presenter(s): Rick Fisher and Joseph Gilchrist, Whitman Business Advisors
Objective: Discuss some trends and tips in talent acquisition and retention related to the CPA firm environment.
Field of Study: Personnel/HR
Program Level: Basic
CPE Credit: 1 Credit Hour
No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
Discuss some trends and tips in talent acquisition and retention related to the CPA firm environment. We will cover topics such as:
• What is the “recruitment cycle”?
• What is “full-cycle recruiting”?
• When does the recruiting process begin?
• What are the steps of the recruitment process?
• Utilizing LinkedIn recruiter and AI
• Why is recruitment so important for new and existing companies?
• What are the common types of recruiting challenges that organizations face?
• What is the role of the hiring manager and how to work efficiently together?
• How to keep deals moving forward?
• How do recruitment agencies work?
• How does WBA differ from typical recruitment firm?
• Why outsource to WBA?
• What are some recruiting tools to make my process more efficient?
• What are methods to bring on new clients and job orders?
• How to stay “closest to the money”?
• What is the best ways to raise your close ratio on deals?
• Develop a strong onboarding policy
• Create a culture of learning
• Develop a diversified organization
• Tuition reimbursement/assistance for credentials
• Formalized programs/practices for succession planning
• Personal development/stress management workshops, seminars or classes
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Fully or partially paid parental leave for birth or adoption of a child
• Financial education workshops, seminars or classes
• Better talent development practices and more inclusive career choices
• Female representation and the path to partnerships
• Unlimited PTO
• Flexible or remote work practices
• Summer Fridays
• Dress for your day policy
• Staff committees
• Employee engagement surveys
Rick Fisher was the Partner-in-Charge of a top twenty CPA firm for over thirty years. Rick is a CPA, and a SHRM-SCP with over forty years of diversified experience in accounting, finance and human resources. During that period, Rick had a unique combination of responsibilities including recruiting, mentoring, compensation strategies, development of personnel policies, staff scheduling, and budgeting including long range strategic planning. Rick was the plan administrator of the firm’s 401(K) retirement plan, profit-sharing plan and insurance programs. Rick was recognized as the Penn State University, Smeal College of Business Accounting Department Distinguished Alumnus of the Year in 2014.
Joseph Gilchrist specializes in the placement of CPA and Accounting professionals. His background has allowed him to understand the full life cycle recruitment process as well as the technical and professional requirements for these positions. Joseph spent one year with the ADP honing his sales skills but realized very quickly that?recruitment was his real passion. He spent the next two years with a? Global Recruitment Organization where he reached the Senior Consultant level.? He was instrumental in?building a small certified?public accounting recruitment team and establishing a niche for?himself in this market. In his spare time Joseph enjoys spending time with friends, playing sports or hiking and relaxing with family.
$25.00 for CPAFMA Members / $40.00 for Non-Members / Free for PAFMs
- All programs will be delivered using Zoom. Participants must call the toll-free conference phone number to access the audio portion of the presentation. Participants’ phone lines are automatically muted upon connection to the call.
- All participants should have Internet access and be in a private setting. For more than one participant per participant location, a quiet conference room with a large monitor/screen and speaker phone is suggested.
- There will be assistance available to assist with procedural, downloading or connection issues 5 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.