A new book by Larry Katzen, "And You Thought Accountants Were Boring -- My Life Inside Arthur Andersen," (http://larryrkatzen.com), wryly hints in its title at the shocking hubbub that rocked the financial universe more than a decade ago.
Katzen, a longtime partner with the innovative accounting firm, sets the record straight on how Arthur Andersen was wrongly targeted in the government's zeal to prosecute Enron. It also offers 15 life lessons gleaned from his experiences working for one of the world's biggest companies, as a community leader, husband and father of quadruplets.
Katzen joined Arthur Andersen, one of the Big 8 accounting firms, right out of college in 1967. He had already interviewed with the other firms and planned to cancel this last meeting. His Drake University professor told him not to: "It is your responsibility to follow through on your commitment."
"Lessons learned -- No. 1: Do the right thing," Katzen writes. "If I hadn't done what was right, my life would have taken a different path.

I enjoyed reading this book immensely.