Thread: AICPA is testing firm billing

CPAFMA Member

AICPA is testing firm billing

The AICPA is testing firm billing. Instead of sending individual invoices to firm employees, the AICPA will directly bill the firm. If your firm was already paying all of the invoices at the same time, this should make is much easier. A quote from the AICPA:

Firm billing is designed to simplify the renewal process for AICPA membership. By participating in firm billing, you agree that employees of your firm will not receive individual invoices for membership dues. We will create a custom firm bill that will contain only the line items (membership dues, sections, credentials, CPExpress) that the firm would like to renew.

Participation in the process is optional, but I am looking forward to it. It should make paying all of the dues statements a much cleaner process.

Jeff

Agree, this would be a much easier process.

Yes, hoping the AICPA has this in place this year. Looking forward to one invoice!
    Sharon L. Trabbic, COO, William Vaughan Company, Maumee, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Shumway View Post
    The AICPA is testing firm billing. Instead of sending individual invoices to firm employees, the AICPA will directly bill the firm. If your firm was already paying all of the invoices at the same time, this should make is much easier. A quote from the AICPA:

Firm billing is designed to simplify the renewal process for AICPA membership. By participating in firm billing, you agree that employees of your firm will not receive individual invoices for membership dues. We will create a custom firm bill that will contain only the line items (membership dues, sections, credentials, CPExpress) that the firm would like to renew.

Participation in the process is optional, but I am looking forward to it. It should make paying all of the dues statements a much cleaner process.

Jeff
    OSCPA is doing this too....we are in the pilot program.
    Chief Learning Officer, HBK CPAs & Consultants, 550 total staff, 15 offices

Our firm has participated in the AICPA firm billing for 3 years now (2013/2014 is our 3d year); it's not as smooth as the firm renewals for VSCPA, but it does save time not having to pay each renewal individually. They continue to seek ways to fine tune the process. I thought they had rolled it out to more firms by now, but it sounds like they are just now. All of our CPAs are members, as well as several of our non-CPAs.

how can I get on the firm billing with AICPA? It's a mess doing it individually - very time-consuming. FSCPA has been doing it for 2 years now and it's far easier.

Contact your account and ask for it. I complained to them every year until finally I was offered to be in their test group.

AICPA Firm billing

I used the firm billing this year and I really appreciate the simplicity. Thank you

I contacted them and will be part of it next year - YAY!